Yoga for Golf? It may seem strange, but I was thinking today how yoga can really help your golf game. How?
- A lot of the power for a golf swing actually comes from the core, and a lot of yoga poses focus on strengthening the core.
- Breathing can play a big role in steadying the mind, and allowing better focus, all of which are important for golf. A great idea I’ve been experimenting with is to breath in as you lift the club on your backswing, and exhale on the downswing towards impact with the ball.
- Mental clarity and calmness which is one of the key teachings of yoga is very much needed on the golf course, particularly when you’re having a bad day.
- The twisting motion practiced in some yoga poses very much mimics the swing of a golf club, and can be useful to build up strength.
- Stability through the body developed through yoga is also very beneficial for golf.
SGD Beauty is proud to offer yoga classes, and can tailor classes to meet you needs. Why not book some classes now? Contact us on 0407313453, or firstname.lastname@example.org.