Many of us spend our time running around, and tend to forget about ourselves and our self care, and place ourselves last. This can be to the detriment of our own health and wellbeing. Self care is however, non-negotiable. When we don’t look after ourselves, our health, both mental and physical can suffer. I know all about this, because I am guilty of this.
- Self care can help ensure we get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep is vital for our mental health. Not only that, its also vital for physical health. Sleep can start to reduce stress and cortisol levels in the body, thus helping to reduce weight, and improve health.
- When we take proper care of ourselves, we will look and feel better. We’ll often be physically healthier.
- Self care can help our self-esteem. When we take care of ourself, it can also be a self-fulfilling prophecy, healthy skin often looks better, and this can then in turn, provide a boost to your self esteem.
- Self care doesn’t have to be expensive. It can consist of something as small as setting aside a few moments for yourself to meditate or listen to music, or spend a few minutes before bed with a face mask on to wind down. It can also be as simple as getting a little bit of extra sleep.
- Self care can also be productive. Although this may seem counter-intuitive, because you think you’re taking time out, it can actually make you more productive in the long run. Getting more sleep, lower stress levels, and better self worth, can actually help you perform better.
Looking for more reasons why self care is important? Why not check out other articles on the topic, some of which have appeared in large publications such as Forbes. If you’re looking for some easy ways to get started, and want something tailored to your situation, why not contact us?