One of the things I’ve always struggled with, is how to travel well without compromising on my makeup or skincare. As a bit of a skincare and makeup junkie, people always expect me to be impeccably made up, regardless of whether I’m travelling. Here are a few things I never go without.
- A good cleanser and makeup remover. These can double up, and you can use a good cleanser to take your makeup off.
- A good quality makeup remover pad. I’m a big fan of the Sante by Enjo makeup remover pads, as they can be reused. Particularly if you’re travelling for more than a few days, these are great. Rather than taking a whole wad of cotton pads to take your makeup off, you can just take one of these, and wash it in the basin after use.
- A good quality serum. A serum is a must, as they can boost hydration after a long flight, which is essential, as air travel can be very drying to the skin. Arbonne has a great travel skincare set available with purchase of a skincare set.
- An eye cream. For the same reason as above, air travel can be drying, and the sensitive skin around the eye area can be particularly susceptible.
- A good moisturiser, and a good night cream. Often I end up travelling to sunny locations, and a good moisturiser with SPF is vital. A good night cream is also vital to combat the drying effects of air travel and air-conditioning.
- Small travel size makeup. The last thing I want to be doing is dragging around large full size pots of makeup, so travel sizes are a god send. In many instances, once you’ve found some good pots or palettes you can refill them. I love anything refillable, as they make travelling so much easier, you can just refill what you need. The refillable eye shadow from Arbonne is a great for travel, as it will hold 4 good size eyeshadows.
- Good travel makeup brushes. You don’t need to be carting around those great long handled brushes, but good quality brushes are vital to getting a professional finish to your makeup. I wouldn’t be caught dead without some good makeup brushes, to make sure I always look my best. I can’t go past the Arbonne brushes for a good concise set.